Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cleancut

Eli's hair has gotten out of control. For the first 18 months of his life, I trimmed his bangs maybe two times. He didn't have his first haircut by me until much closer to his 2nd birthday (and then I buzzed it just to even it all out given the random growth patterns). As of late, however, it's grown almost as fast as his fingernails. And every afternoon and morning, after Eli sleeps, the kid looks like he is trying to battle Robert Smith (The Cure) for the craziest hair award. I don't mind the look so much, but the back of his head gets really knotted and that's where the battle begins. Eli doesn't like me to comb the knots out, but if I don't comb them, they get worse...so on and so on. I resorted to buying 'special' shampoo for him to help tangles, and then we bought 'special' spray (conditioner) for any time I needed to comb the knots out. It's not even that his hair is growing so long so fast; the heat has been I.N.T.E.N.S.E. for the last month in Atlanta. Any outside activity longer than five minutes leaves Eli's hair a wet, sweaty mess, aggravating his crazy mop even more. Once July hit, I knew I wanted to buzz his hair, much like I did last summer. However, we had a cool photography session set up for this week, and I didn't want Eli to have a military look for the photos. Once Monday passed, it was open season though. This evening after dinner I pulled out the clippers and comb and went to work. Of course Eli moved around a lot ("It tick-oles!!"), so it looks a bit choppy, but it's shorter. And cooler. And neater. It did make me sad to see his curls in the driveway, but I know they'll grow back quickly.

From this:


To this:

3 comments:

bev said...

aww Nicole he looks like such a big boy! I like his hair cut!

Anonymous said...

He does look like a big boy. Great haircut!

Amy

Kaci said...

He looks so much older with the cut. Cute!