Sunday, July 13, 2008

Eli's World

Another installment of what Eli comes up with these days.....

- After riding his sister's ATV around the cul-de-sac for ten minutes or so, I told him to head down the driveway so we could eat dinner. Eli's response? "I ca-yent (can't). My fum's (thumb's) tired." (A small button needs to be depressed by your thumb to move the ATV.)

- Eli has taken to dancing recently. Now instead of, "Let's turn moo-nic on and do concert on stage.", Eli asks, "Turn moo-nic on and dance!?" His dancing consists mostly of arms swinging wildly around as he jumps up and down and spins in a circle. I love it.

- "No talk about it!" Eli has said this to me many times....usually when he's not in the mood to talk. Or, more specifically, when he's not in the mood for me to talk. This week the phrase popped up when we were sitting on the potty and I tried to pass the time by asking him about what he did in Tahoe with Grandpa Jim.

- "Das my big big BIG dry-ver for when I be bigger." We played golf a few days this week and Eli pointed out the small but 'real' driver Daddy made for him from an old club.

- We honestly haven't had much of an issue with bugs since last fall. But before Thanksgiving or so, we had a HUGE issue with them in the new house. Obviously Eli stored all of the clean-up skills he learned from watching Lehr and I somewhere in the back of his brain because he pulled them out this week. There was a small dead beetle in the living room that Eli spotted during a dance session. When I told him it was time to go up for a nap, he said, "OK, but firsss I need to keen-up bug." He went and got a tissue and picked up the bug. What better training could a three year old have?!?

No comments: