Friday, July 11, 2008

Favorite Things

I love love love how the kids play together. They definitely have their scuffles, and they argue over toys and whatnot, but when they play, they play good. And again today, after she woke up, Maddie crawled as fast as she could to Eli's door and pushed on it. She couldn't wait to go in and say 'good morning' to him.

And when it came time for Maddux to take her afternoon nap, Eli came right over to her, hugged her, and said, "Nigh-nigh, Max. S-eet d-eems." Then he came upstairs with Maddie and me to get her a book and her blanket. (This was not prompted by me in any way...he seems to be stepping up to the big-brother-plate these days.) He was very adamant about accompanying us, telling me, "Have to get ban-ket for Max...she need book, too."

I think my favorite moment came before the nap though. The kids were playing downstairs with me as I went through some hand-me-down clothes for Max. She was pushing her stroller around and she got stuck on the mirror. Eli went over and helped her without taking the stroller away. Of course, seconds later he helped her and then helped himself to the toy, but at least he helped her (right?). Then she sat in the stroller and he pushed her around. They do this often, but I never have the camera nearby. And as luck would have it, as soon as they started their game today, I hit the end of the tape...

No comments: