Thursday, July 17, 2008

Say What?

Eli just performed in the potty department again. (He usually goes once before nap and once after dinner...my kid is a camel!) When he finished he requested animal crackers, which were upstairs. We quickly cleaned up our toys and went up to collect our reward and get ready for naps. On the top step Eli said, "Gone-na have, uuuuum, an-mal cackers, uuuuum go-fish (goldfish), and uuuuum f-oooot snacks (fruit snacks). Have party for E-i!" I responded, "Oh really...that's good." (My typical response for some of the never ending questions that come from Eli these days.) Then Eli answered his own question (even though I was unaware that he'd asked one...I thought he was listing the ingredients to his potty party): "E-i haaaaaave....An-mal Cackers!!! I like dem. De're yummy. An-mal cacker party for the potty! I like parties. De're soft and gentle."

Wha-wha-what? The kicker is, he gets what 'soft' and 'gentle' mean...for some reason he thought to describe his ideal party with those adjectives anyway.

No comments: