Sunday, July 20, 2008

Just Another Update

As I'm sure you've noticed by now, I've fallen a bit behind in my blogging. And when I've actually taken the time to post, the pictures are non-existent and there aren't even attempts at wit. I've become the definition of a slacker. In my defense, things have just been busy. Potty training has taken away any chances I might have had to take some good pictures, as well as any opportunities for 'fun' things to blog about. Then, when I could have been writing about things Maddie is up to, or even what interesting tid-bits I've learned in the PT process, I've been otherwise occupied. Bootcamp prep has taken more of my time than usual in the last two weeks (not complaining at all though), and I've had several families at church request photo shoots. While I enjoy taking pictures and bootcamp oh-so much, they take time. So my usual second job (blogging) was placed on the back burner. I promise to try to move it back to the front ASAP.

Since I've missed posting about a few things that have happened recently, I'll catch you up to speed now. Maddux is full-blown walking. She took her first steps a month or so ago and then backed off from it. Then she started taking two or three at a time the week before her birthday. Every day since then has found her moving faster and faster. First she walked unless she wanted to go fast (in which case she would crawl). Then she walked some of the 'fast time'. Then she walked over toys and still kept her balance. Now she walks almost exclusively. Even if she falls, she usually pushes herself back up to an upright position immediately. And she is SOO proud of herself. She laughs and points as she walking, as if she's working the crowd in a bar. I love that girl.

Eli had a great few days, staying dry (except one small accident which he alerted us to right away and which never even made it through to his shorts) for five days straight now. He still doesn't stay dry when he sleeps (not that we expect him to), but he has increased the amount he goes in the potty, even using three outside-of-our-home toilets in the last few days. Saturday morning he and Lehr met two other daddy-son families for breakfast and a trip to a train museum. Eli had a blast and told me all about it this morning. We finished off the day yesterday with a trip to the pool. Between the rain and the potty training, we haven't been to the pool since July 4th weekend, and Eli has missed it. Last night he stepped up his game: not only does he jump off the diving board now, he jumps off and then swims (which is really a doggy-paddle-water-treading motion) to the side only to climb out using the ladder. All by himself. 90% of the time last night he requested Lehr and/or I NOT be in the pool with him when he jumped. He loves being all grown up.

No comments: