Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Updates

Maddux had her one-year well visit with the pediatrician yesterday. She checked out perfectly, as we suspected: 20lbs. 13oz. (only in the 50% this time) and 30" tall (75%). The doctor was happy to see Maddux drinking from a cup, eating table food and walking. Pretty much the textbook appointment. Eli did very well during the visit too, even stepping on the scale to tip it just under 30lbs.

Speaking of the boy...he stayed dry the whole day yesterday including the trip to the pediatrician's office. Yahoo!!! That dry time was 'awake' time though. Nights and naps are different. I'm not trying to push him to figure out how to wake himself up when he needs to go, but does anyone have advice for me regarding a child who holds it all day and then empties their (very full) bladder during sleep-time? I am not wanting to make a huge issue out of it because he does stay dry and 'in control' during the day...even in the car and the stroller. I'm just curious. Now on to our regularly scheduled random musings....

Eli had some good advice for me yesterday. He and I were sitting on the front porch while Maddux crawled in the grass and I was examining my latest batch of bootcamp bites near my knee.
"Woo got skeeto bites, Mommy?"
"Yes, I got a few bug bites at bootcamp."
"Dey just ih-chy?"
"Yes, they itch, but they don't hurt." (His concerned look prompted me to throw that in about the lack of pain.)
Eli looked relieved, stood up and started to walk away. Then he turned his head and threw some wisdom over his shoulder: "Ooze bug spray, Mommy."
Thanks, Eli...never thought of that.

Today Eli accompanied me into my closet as I got dressed for the day. Maddux was napping, so it was just the two of us. First he fingered through my collection of white race shirts.
"Dees Mommy's nigh-night shirts?"
"Yup...those are the ones I wear to bed."
"Hmmm. Dees Daddy's shirts?" (pointing to my non-white shirts)
"Nope...those are still Mommy's."
"Oh..." Then he grabbed the sleeve of one of Lehr's collared dress shirts. "Dees Daddy's work shirts. He wear dem to work. E-i get some of-v doh-ze. Go to store and buy some cuuuz Daddy's no fit me."

Can I just keep posting these awesome conversations he comes up with these days?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ryan still can't hold it at night and he's been potty trained for a year. Some kids just sleep so deep. He is able to hold it during his nap time now but that happened only about 5 months ago. Night time is a compleltely different story and we don't force it or put him down for it. We figure he'll get it when he does. And some times he is able to make it all night ... it's random though. I wouldn't worry about it right now.

Mir said...

WOW, what petite kiddos. :-) Ian was the same weight and only an inch smaller than Maddux is now at six months old. He's currently about 38 lbs.

Glad to hear that potty training is going well!!