Monday, July 21, 2008

All Hail The Queen

Eli loves Queen. It came out of nowhere, and I'm not sure what caused it, but Freddy Mercury's voice does something for Eli. Last week we were driving in the car, listening to music, and just like I always do when a worthy song comes on, I turned up the volume a bit and told Eli who the artist was. That day the worthy song was "We Will Rock You". Fast-forward to Sunday afternoon. The four of us are driving home from church and the same song comes on, but since I don't notice, the volume stays. Eli pipes up from the back: "Mommy, dis Queen?" It took me a minute to realize what he meant, but when I did, high-fives all around. After just one listen, he was able to identify it again! Fast forward (again) to this morning. We're driving back from filling the tank and "Somebody to Love" comes on the radio. As I'm in the midst of potty training H.E.double-hockey-stick, I don't even notice. Eli yells from the backseat: "Mommy!! Dis Queen!!!" Right on, Little Man.

1 comment:

Overwhelmed! said...

That is too cute! Sounds like he's a confirmed Queen fan! :)

I wanted to thank you! I got an email inquiry from Lie-Fa Shen-Dale. Thanks to the pictures of Maddux in her tutu that you shared with her, she's considering ordering a tutu from me for her daughter's 2nd birthday in September.

Thanks so much for the referral! I do appreciate it!