Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tutu Cute!!

ALERT! ALERT!! It appears I bought my daughter, my loud, rough and tough Mad Dog daughter, the frilliest item of girl clothing possible: a tutu! I assure you this is not just any tutu though. It is a custom made, red, white and blue tutu in honor of her birthday this week (which falls the day before July 4th). Kathryn over at Sparkle and Charm makes custom tutus, and she does a darn good job! I've known about her family for at least a year now, following their growth through adopted and foster children, and when I found out that she made custom items, I decided to check out her store.

Sparkle and Charm Boutique sells tutus and hair accessories of all shapes and sizes. Maddie's tutu was custom made (only two measurements needed) and it came with an adorable hair clip to match. Some might scoff at the $30 price tag for both, but if you could see the final product in person, you'd realize the amount of detail and work that went into this beautiful creation. Seriously. Not only does her tutu have three colors of oh-so soft tulle, it's also has satin ribbons, a belt-like chain of stars, and interspersed metallic stars attached to the tulle (and not with obvious superglue clumps that would appear if I were making the skirt). The tutu is definitely a work of art and when Maddux grows out of it, we will be hanging it somewhere to display rather than sticking it in storage somewhere. Thanks again, Kathryn!!

8 comments:

bev said...

Oh Nicole she looks gorgeous! I can't believe she's almost one!

The Mommy Salami said...

Oh that is adorable on her!

Overwhelmed! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

so cute! I'm not sure I know what to do with all the girly things I'm going to accumulate :) After two boys it is going to be a shock to all of us! :)

Ann said...

I'm SO proud of you Nicole!! Look how girly your girl is!! She looks adorable-love it! Happy Birthday Mad Dog!!

Traci said...

Oh, VERY cute. I might have to get one for my little princess!! =)

Anonymous said...

How adorable. I might have to get one for Emily for Christmas! - Courtney

Anonymous said...

Maddie sure makes my tutu look gorgeous! :) I'm so glad your please with her tutu set. Thank you for the rave review!

Great pictures that you've taken, by the way!