Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wordsworth

Wow. I know I keep bringing it up, but Eli has become an absolute sponge when it comes to words lately! There are a lot of new words he's picked up in the last few days that I haven't even 'taught' him...he just heard someone say them and he repeated them like a parrot. A few are:
- "gatz" (glasses)
- "golp" (golf)
- "mutz" (much)
- choo choo "tack" (track)
- "Max" (Maddux)
- "pohk" (fork)
- eat
- "glub" (glove)
- "ticker" (sticker)

Also, Eli has a new language; I like to call it iSpeak. He has started to use "I" in front of nouns and verbs to describe him doing something. For example, "I cook", "I golp", "I hit" (baseball), "I pitch", and my favorite, "I taahry" (I'm sorry).

2 comments:

SmallvilleMom said...

Sounds like Maya...there will be a little echo in your house soon (if there's not one already) so you'll probably start watching your words a little more. Hope you all are well :)

Heather said...

Ryan began talking more and more after Pace was born. We think having a baby forced him to speak since we were not wholly focused on him anymore...he HAD to communicate! :)