Saturday, July 07, 2007

Big

That is the only word I can think of to describe Eli right now. Big. For a few months he's seemed big-ger, but not 'big'. Now that I have a tiny TINY baby here to compare him to, he seems to have grown in size and ability overnight. Big. At times that word can describe his toddler tude also, but I have to say that all in all, he's really coming around considering the big changes in the last week. This morning when Eli got up we presented him with a gift from Maddux: a wooden train set and train table. Lehr put it all together for him last night and this morning was like Christmas for us. Eli was so SO excited. He could not stop running around the perimeter of the table saying "choo choo. choo choo." and pumping his (big) arm. He even thanked Maddie, but did not want to give her a thank you kiss. He offered to share his trains with her though many times, so he is obviously just choosing to show his affection in other ways. Big. The laughs Eli had at the breakfast table this morning were VERY big. Lehr sat across from him with Maddux, and played peek-a-boo (initiated by Eli). Lehr would lift Maddux up and then down out of Eli's sight. He could not stop giggling and he loved to play along, though his version of it just included tucking his chin to his chest and then looking straight ahead to 'peek'. Big. This afternoon Eli gave Maddux his first unsolicited kiss. I was on the floor in his room burping her and he was sitting next to me reading books. He looked over at her (her face was towards him) and he leaned in and 'mmm' kissed her. (Melt Melt). Big. Eli's heart is big.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember being in the hospital after having Brenda (my 2nd) and Ashli came to visit and at that point to me she suddenly seemed so much bigger as well......they do grow up so quickly!

Maddux is beautiful Nicole!

Heather said...

I had the same response with Ryan after Pace was born. All of a sudden he was so grown ... big! Jeremy and I would comment about it so often over the course of the next few days and weeks after Pace's birth. She is beautiful! What a wonderful idea to have Maddux give him gift!!

q said...

The love shown between a big brother and baby sister is warm enough to melt the polar caps and then some. I am so glad he too kto her so well and that they are enjoying eachothers company. Reminds me of 2 years ago when I brought my girl home to meet her brother. BIG. What a wonderful word.