Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Good Week

We took another trip to the Botanical Gardens this morning. Eli had a blast running through the fountains, as he always does. Afterwards we walked around the rest of the Children's Gardens and then had a picnic lunch. I was once again amazed at how well Eli sat and ate his lunch. Eli has his moments of testing limits, sometimes when it comes to food and/or eating time, but today you would never know that. He sat down on the towel and ate his entire lunch without a whine, a tantrum, or even so much as a thought to stand or run around. Oh Happy Day!!

Eli went to MMO on Monday morning and had another great report when I picked him up. When I arrived after lunch there were only three kids left in the 'class'. Eli and another little boy were standing at a table with their backs to me, playing with a plastic microwave. I stood and watched for a moment since neither boy could see me and I marveled at the way both boys took turns putting plastic dishes in the oven and closing the door. They were totally playing together instead of independently; it was so neat to see!

More new words this week: soup, pi-er tuck (fire truck), and diaper.

No comments: