Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Weigh-In

I took Maddux to the pediatrician this morning for a weight-check due to her low weight when we left the hospital last week. Of course as soon as I took her diaper off she peed right on the scale...quite funny to me because Eli never did that, yet you'd expect it from a boy! Anyway, she weighed in at 6lb. 9oz. which means she's gained 30grams each day since Friday. The pediatrician was very pleased; she said the weight gain they like to see is 20-30grams per day, so she's at the high end of that. Even though she's still nursing for such a short time each session (and going 2-4 hours between each session), her diaper output is commendable and the weight gain indicates she is definitely getting what she needs.

4 comments:

Heather said...

'Weigh' to go Maddux :) Isn't it great when #2 just blends in so nicely! Makes life easier on the whole family! How are you doing? how are you mentally? emotionally? Physically? I'm praying for you! I know it can be a stressor at first but there's no better stress I say!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about her nursing speed. Sam was super fast too. You'll know if something is wrong and it sounds like she's doing great. Hope you are all well.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!!! How great!! I just had a baby boy in April... isn't it amazing to have another baby home?? YOu think that your "big" kids were so small... and then this beautiful little person enters and you can't get over how little this beauty is!!!
Love your blog!!!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

Anonymous said...

Yeah Maddux sounds like she is doing great. OH, hehe Lexie did the exact same thing at her first appt. but I swear she peed for mins LOL!! OH, by the way I love that pic to the side well I love all your pics do you wanna come of my kiddies :)