Monday, July 09, 2007

Leaps And Bounds

Eli has become much more fond of his sister (still called 'be-be') in the last week. He loves how she sits in her car seat next to the table at dinner time and he wants to feed her milk and whatever he's eating. He gives her kisses at least a few times a day now and he often wants to give her some toys he's playing with also. We all know how much Eli loves his blanket; he offers that to her at least once each day also (usually after his nap). This is huge for me. I was so worried about him not liking her so much, but he is very protective of her and when she cries, he gets a sad look and either says, "be-be" or "kyy" (cry, I assume). So sweet.

Eli had a great day at MMO today; when I picked him up the five other kids there were sitting in front of the TV playing and my Mr. Independent was moving toys from a structure to the table (away from the TV) while talking animatedly (is that a word?) to himself. He didn't notice me at first, so I was able to observe for a bit. Since Maddux has returned home Eli has been playing quite well by himself, but when I have minutes to devote completely to him, he definitely likes to interact more. Before he did not care so much if I played with him, as long as I just sat and watched him play. Now he hands me toys, paint brushes, cars, etc. and expects me to participate. Love this.

No comments: