Friday, July 27, 2007

English As A Second Language?

How long have I been reciting the alphabet and numbers with Eli? It seems like forever...real time is probably closer to 18-months. When we do the alphabet, I also usually do the french one, and when we count to 10 or 20, we also count in French and Spanish. But we always count in English first. So why is it that Eli will only say 'two' when I ask him to repeat the English numbers, but when we count in Spanish or French, he makes a really good attempt to say those numbers correctly? Lehr and I are baffled by this.

The fruit streak continues; tonight Eli ate a whole bowl of blueberries which is something he wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole as of a week ago... Other new words today: knuckles and soccer. Totally unprompted and on his own when I got him out of his crib this morning.

No comments: