Sunday, August 20, 2006

Year-End-Review


Mr. Edmund Lehr Eliason V (Eli):

I'd like to start off by informing you that you have far exceeded my expectations. Your supervisor (aka Dad) agrees that while we anticipated your arrival to change our home office, we have been taken aback by the magnitude of your presence. Even though productivity as a whole has suffered, the moral of your supporting staff has increased immensely. I'd be amiss if I didn't mention how your sunny disposition and positive attitude has made working with you such a pleasure. Your determination to constantly increase your skill set and your go-get-em attitude are, to say the least, admirable.

In the past year you have overcome some initial setbacks, and you have caught up to the majority of your peers in said areas. This is nothing less than completely inspiring, and not a day goes by that your supervisor and I don't appreciate all the hard work and sacrifices you've made to achieve that goal.

We've noticed the last few weeks have been exciting for you as you 'climb' your way to the top. Having witnessed your overtime in that area, I believe you are in line for a promotion. I'm proud to inform you that from this day forward you will be deemed "toddler", instead of your current title of "baby".

We look forward to another year of your achievements, as you make the home office one we all enjoy each day. In closing, We, at Eliason, Inc., thank you for every day you've spent with us, and we hope you feel the same.

Regards,
Mom

7 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I just love that letter! Happy Birthday Eli!

beth said...

Well said!

Eli, congrats on your promotion. So well deserved.

Anonymous said...

All supervisors, aka parents, should read this and promote their children the same. Eli, you have the most adoring, loving parents any child could dream of. Enjoy them because they are certainly enjoying you!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

T.S. Eliot said...

Happy Birthday, Eli!

What a wonderfully sweet and funny post...

Are you in the throws of planning his birthday party like I am? I think I'm in way over my head... I have at least 25 people coming next saturday. What are you doing for Eli's big day?

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This was the sweetest!!

Damselfly said...

So, a promotion but no raise, eh? I hear that a lot these days.

LOL, clever post!

Gina said...

That is awesome! PERFECT!

Though that promotion tugs at my heartstrings... :(