Monday, August 07, 2006

Just call him "Spidey"

Our yard is a mess; I seriously have to weed the non-grass areas more often than Lehr has to mow the lawn because the weeds grow so fast. Today I had some other work to do while Eli was napping, so he had to be outside with me when I was weeding. I tried to get him to sit in the Bumbo (since I use it next to never, he hasn't - read: hadn't - figured out how to get out of it yet), but that didn't work. After about five minutes he leaned over the side and climbed out. No problem; I figured he'd just crawl around on the deck while I finished up the front flower beds. He'd be a little dirty, but oh well. Of course that was not good enough for him...he proceeded to crawl/climb down the front steps onto the sidewalk. This is a boy who only in the last week learned how to crawl up the stairs. He made his body flat and maneuvered down the wooden steps like Spiderman - agility like nobody's business. I should have known he would do this: Eli loves to crawl over my legs, back, arms, or toys, books, laundry whenever possible. He'll actually go out of his way to climb over something rather than staying the course and avoiding the obstacles. Too bad Double Dare is off the air.....

4 comments:

Mall Worker said...

wow, up and down the stairs? Thats a feat there Eli!

I so remember double dare, that brought back some momories!!

Courtney said...

Now that he's mobile, you're in for it. Things get a lot more difficult when you actually have to worry about what they're getting into and where they're going!!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Spiderman... LOL that's so cute!

We didn't use the Bumbo chair enough either. But now Julia has fun getting in and out of it. She sits herself in it, then leans over and gets out and repeats. Works for me!

Gina said...

That IS impressive!

I tried to weed the RV parking again while Liam had a blast playing in the rocks. Never again. His shins were bruised for days afterwards... I felt so bad!