Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Chatterbox

As I mentioned a few days ago, Eli has been saying "Mama" (rather "Mamamamama", discriminatly, for a few weeks now. Just the other day he started saying it as soon as I walked in the door from an errand, just to melt my heart I'm sure.

Now Eli is adding more babble to his vernacular. Although it is more pronounced and articulate, these new words are not recognizable to us. I take that back: Eli is saying "whoa whoa whoa" a lot now. I'm not sure if he picked it up from us, or if it's just babble. I do say "whoa" from time to time, but not nearly at the speed or rate which it comes otu of Eli's mouth. It is very common for him to sit and play with a toy while saying "whoawhoawhoawhoa.." non-stop.

Eli's other new speech is indescribable; I really need to get a good video of it. It is very silly, and it includes a lot of consonants and syllables. The best I can duplicate is "doe-beeoye-beeoe-lible-doe-doe" (which really does it no justice). Even Lehr, who doesn't use the word "cute" thinks this babbling is rather adorable.

1 comment:

BlondeBrony said...

Language skills are so amazing to watch develop.

Have you ever heard of baby signs? I think you can start as young as six-nine months. Not only does it help them to improve their communication skills, but it also makes things easier for you (he can sk for milk, water, tell you whenhe's done... all with sign language).