Thursday, August 10, 2006

Got Milk?

So here I am, not giving Eli any credit for signing "food" for so long. On top of that, anytime someone asks me how he is doing, I tend to tell them how slow he is (as in, he's not the sharpest tool). Low and behold, it appears Eli is determined to prove me wrong. As I sat him in his highchair this afternoon and handed him a cup of milk, he started to sign milk like it was going out of style. Although I was pleasantly surprised at first, I thought he might just be experimenting with hand manipulation again. So I tested him a few times and he passed! For the next 15 minutes we alternated one bite of food with Eli signing "milk" and me shoving the milk at him to reinforce his efforts.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That's awesome!! I was just working on Gray's signs tonight... this gives me hope!