Friday, August 04, 2006

Three Things

1) Now that Eli is standing in his crib all the time, he has found a new teething toy: the crib rail. It seems that while he's standing and talking (and singing, and dancing, and playing) before and after naps, he also sharpens his teeth on the wood. I guess paint chips taste good!



2) Eli is finally (after a month!!) starting to crawl more on his hands and knees (instead of his belly, imitating a lizard or army-crawl). In the last two or three days, Eli starts most of his crawling 'up', but always reverts back to the stomach slither, most likely since it's faster.



3) Eli and I went to a big consignment sale today to look for some gently used toys and/or clothes. We were lucky to find several new board books and a nifty pair of sneakers. I could go broke buying shoes for Eli now that his feet are free!

5 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Awesome things he's doing now! My boys loved to teethe on their crib rails, too!!!!!!! Gray hasn't had the chance since he sleeps with us!!

Mall Worker said...

I'm glad that he's crawling up on his hands and knees now! It took my little guy a while to get the hang of that too!

Anonymous said...

Two things: My daughter (now 15 months) chewed the holy heck out of her crib, which my son had also used but never chewed on. The crib rail looks like a pencil that's been chewed by a nervous prepubescent teen before an exam he didn't study for.

Also, my son (almost 4) has the same bedding as Eli — the Pottery Barn Kids surf bedding. Only his is for the big boy bed. Cool stuff!

Gina said...

ah, the denting of the crib rail... it MUST taste good... like everything else that goes in their mouths...

Consignment... I need to go!

helena roman said...

I think this is my first time posting a comment. I also keep a blog for my baby, Helena (in Spanish though). I read about Eli every once in a while and I've been following his progress. I am very happy to see that he is doing so well and that he is crawling and standing on his free feet...even though I don't know you, I am very happy for you and Eli.