Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mr. Clean

We all know how much Eli likes to clean, but now he's taken it to a new level. For a few months now Eli has been more interested in, and at the same time scared of, the dust buster and vacuum. The noise they make seems to be hitting him wrong, so he often protests when I turn them on (much like a dog hearing a high pitched noise). He isn't afraid of the cleaning machines though; he actually likes to get as close to them as possible so he can hit them softly and protest to their face(s). But I digress....

Eli's newest trick is attempting to clean the floor with the dust buster. I usually leave it on the floor in our bathroom since I use it so often, and that suits Eli just fine. He loves to grab onto the handle and push it around the floor as he's seen me do so many times. The problem with that is sometimes dirt and dust fall out (due to Eli's rough handling) making more of a mess. But I'm not one to put a damper on the boy's enthusiasm for cleaning, so I welcome his attempts.

After his bath last night Eli decided the floor needed to be cleaned too:

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! He's thorough, send him to my house!

BlondeBrony said...

Totally cute. Take all the help you can get out of him before he grows up and no longer wants to do any of it.

Although, my boys are 7 and 8 and they still love to help. Bathrooms are actually their favourite and they do a pretty good job.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled onto your blog from a comment you made on another. Eli is such a cutie! And, what a great idea! My son LOVES to push things around on the floor, and I never thought to turn that into something productive! Thanks!

Glass Half Full said...

Train that child up, girl!! :)