Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Movin On Up

So yesterday was Eli's first smash-your-face-in-cake annual celebration. He really enjoyed himself (photos) through the presents, balloons and cake. I made a frog cake (organic, low-sugar, yada yada OF COURSE) for him and he really seemed to like it. Lehr had fun eating with him since Eli was so generous with his offerings of frosting covered hands. A few times yesterday I looked at him and marveled how grown-up he was.

However my first glimpse of that was on Sunday. I decided to move Eli to the toddler room in the church nursery; he is too mobile for the infant room, and most of the babies, er kids, he's been with since birth have already made the move. I dropped him off and walked down the hall a little to peak into the room (there is a window in the hallway), and what I saw took my breath away. The worker that received Eli at the door carried him to the center of the room where 4 or 5 babies, er kids, were sitting. She sat him down and he played with his tag, but turned his attention to what the other kids were looking at (maybe story time?).

It was amazingly similar to a kindergarten class, which made my heart skip a beat...

Imagine how fast it would have gone had I blinked!

2 comments:

Gina said...

OH my! I can't beleive he is 1 already! That went way fast! I love that shirt! Where did you find it?

Holly said...

Aw, so cute! Happy birthday Eli! His birthday and my 3 yo's birthday must be pretty close. Bean turned 3 on Aug 4th.