Thursday, August 24, 2006

All Grows Up

It appears that as soon as Eli turned one, he decided to 'grow up' a bit. Most importantly, he has done much better with his sippy cup of milk in the last few days. One night he actually chugged 4oz without spilling a drop (this is big for my messy drinker). We're not quite where we need to be with his sippy use/milk intake, but we're a lot better off. Secondly, he's been signing milk a lot more also. Every once in a while he'll get confused and sign milk when there is only water available (or maybe he's saying he'd rather have milk?), but he's still signing. Waving has been taken to a whole new level also; last night he was even waving "hi" to waiters at the restaurant. Lastly, he's said "mama" more this last week, and most of the time it's while looking at me, or at least when I'm in the vicinity. I'll take it!!

4 comments:

Mall Worker said...

That is just great! He'll get it in no time!

Glass Half Full said...

I have to say that your photos are so beautiful!!! :)

Glad the sippy w/ milk is working out.

Anonymous said...

Your son is adorable! As far as the milk goes, my pediatrician said to shoot for around 3 servings of dairy a day (milk cheese, yogurt, etc.), so we do milk with breakfast, lunch if she'll take it, and yogurt either with lunch or for a snack. If she won't take milk with lunch, she gets cheese.

beth said...

Cool sunglasses dude! I don't know what it is about babies in sunglasses. I just love it.

Sam waves to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. I love it.

I showed your "year end review" to Hubby and we both agree it is totally publishable.