Thursday, August 10, 2006

Update

I know, I know. I've been slacking on updating everyone. Eli has been so fussy and time-consuming (imagine that: a child who is time-consuming??). Between the stubborn tooth he's been trying to break for going on three weeks now and his newfound mobility, this kid is an emotional wreck! Needless to say, I've been otherwise occupied and without much time to take pictures or blog.

In the last week I've come to realize Eli has been signing "food" or "eat" to me for some time. I just chalked it up to him putting his fingers in his mouth, since he tends to do that so often. However, I started to notice that when I first put him in his high chair he puts one finger at his lips (sometimes right inside his mouth) and then pulls it away, all the while looking at me for recognition. Obviously this kid is going to have to work hard for Mom's praise since she doesn't seem to notice when he is achieving a new milestone...

Eli is pulling up on anything and everything possible. This morning he decided to help me with the laundry by pulling up on the dryer and opening and closing the door. In our closet we have stackable drawers with metal mesh pull-out drawers. Eli's latest feat in there has been to sit and attempt to pull up on the second drawer. This always results in him holding on for dear life as the drawer pulls out and lands on top of him. Luckily the floor is padded by carpet and the drawer doesn't even weigh 5 pounds.

Eli is still scaling the inside stairs any chance he gets. I really need to turn the video camera on one of these times because the noises he makes while climbing are hilarious. It's as if he's cheering himself on.

3 comments:

beth said...

They sure are helpful with the chores, aren't they? Sam's favorite is the dishes. And I feel your pain, we've got a newly walking and now teething guy and he's a cranky basket case.

Mall Worker said...

Boo's been doing the same sort of "helping". If you'd let him, he'd even help you in the bathroom too!

Glass Half Full said...

I have realized that every stage has challenges. :)

Mark's "chore" is taking my nicely folded clothes out of the basket piece by piece. NICE!