Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another Sappy Post

They disagree. They yell at each other. On occasion, they strike each other. But they love each other; oh how they love each other. EVERY night, without fail, Eli will get out of the bath (he usually exits last) and say, "Can I pway with my sister?" of "I wanna play with my sister." Can you say, 'melt'? And play he does. It's not like they don't play all day long, but for some reason Eli has to get in one last play-session before bed. I like to think that he just can't get enough of her. And on the flip side, Maddie is usually out of the bath first, then dressed in her PJ's by Daddy. As soon as Lehr gets her ready for bed, she laughs and runs back into the bathroom to see Eli. She is in such a hurry that more times than not, her shirt is only half-way on and her hair is a mess.

After naps yesterday, I got Eli out of his room first (*Potty update: we're at a week without a nap time accident!!) and he asked right away, "Can I go wake up my Maddie?" I told him he could, so he went and opened her door. After talking to her for a minute, Eli turned to me: "I wanna sleep in her bed wif her!" Immediately my mind was flooded with memories of a year ago when I used to put Maddux in Eli's crib for ten minutes or so after their afternoon naps. Eli would beg for this, and it was a great bonding time for them each day. (Posts about it here and here. I could spend all day reminiscing through old pictures and stories....) Back to yesterday: I put Eli in Maddux's crib and they had a blast. Not much 'sleeping' happened as they wrestled and played with Maddie's blankets and aquarium, but with all of that laughing, who's complaining? At one point, Eli said, "Mommy get camera and take pitchers of us!" This kid has been trained! Unfortunately, by that time, Maddux remembered that her teeth and gums were waging a war against her, and she was not posing for anything, so I'll leave you with a tender moment between the kids and Lehr from the weekend.

No comments: