Friday, October 03, 2008

It's All Fun And Games Until....

Someone loses an eye. That's the new saying Eli learned first hand this week. Last night the kids were in the bath, playing as usual. I slipped into the other room to prepare Maddux's pj's and I heard them giggling, which is quite common these days. I poked my head in to make sure everyone was above water and breathing and then I moved to Eli's room to get his night clothes out.

When I came back in the bathroom, the kids were full-out laughing and having a great time, so I grabbed the camera. As I started shooting, I saw what the laughter was about: Maddux was touching Eli's face and that was hilarious! To be more exact, she was poking his face....and he liked it. I threw out a few "Gentle, Maddux" suggestions, but for the most part, just watched and enjoyed. They were having such a great time together, I thought 'why not'? It was at that moment that Eli reminded me why not: his laughs turned into 'oww!!' when Maddie made contact with his eye. And his protests just made Mad Dog laugh more and more, so she continued to do it. I think that is the last time Eli will be so willing to allow Maddie to pick the game-de-jour for bath time.

No comments: