Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Date

Several weeks back, when Eli found out Grandma Cathie was coming to visit, he informed me, "I gonna take her on date." We thought it was so awesome that he came up with that on his own, so we went full-force with it. Eli said he wanted to take her to "Ed's" (Ted's Montana Grill) and he and Lehr decided that Eli would pay. Every day for two weeks Eli reminded me, "I need some money, Mommy. I gotsta pay for da food." He asked Grandma over the phone if she'd go on the date with him. He told her he was going to pay. She then asked him if he was going to drive also. Eli said, "No, you gotta drive. I ride in back seat."

So tonight was the big night. Eli woke up from his nap and the two of them took off. First they went to Target so Eli could pick out a new pillow (his old one was lost due to a pull-up incident), and then they ran errands at the mall. The final destination was Ted's, where Eli talked my mom's ear off. They sat in a booth across from each other, but Eli told Grandma, "I wish you sit over heeeere." Of course she joined him on his side. He ordered sliders (three little hamburgers) and fries. I've been told that Eli asked Grandma Cathie, "Where my money? I need to pay for da food." That shocks me given Eli's memory: he and I put money in his jeans' pocket minutes before they left the house. The two of them had a great night and Eli is now dreaming about being the center of attention for yet another night....

5 comments:

Kelli said...

lol, that is too cute! I can picture it in my head! love reading all the 'tales'!!

Anonymous said...

Aww that is so sweet. You have a little gentleman there.

Amy

Heather said...

How sweet is that?! I bet grandma cathie was in heaven as well!

Kaci said...

That is so sweet. It sounds like you are raising quite an awesome little man.

Anonymous said...

Startin' on the ladies young, huh? Yep - definitely a keeper. What a sweet boy he is! - Courtney