Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Gym Rat

I took Maddux to her first Little Gym class this morning. When Eli was a wee lad, I enrolled him in the class for about two 'semesters'. With Eli in school now, Maddie and i have a chance to do some one-on-one things, so I decided to start with this. As expected, given what a monkey Mad Dog is, she really REALLY liked the class. I forgot my camera, but trust me when I say she walked in and owned the place. There were maybe five other kids in the class, and Maddie appeared to be the most steady on her feet. She ran around exploring the bars, the mats, the beams, etc. She did join us for group activities on the mat from time to time, but I usually had to go retrieve her from a new corner she was exploring first. The big news of the day was Maddie hung from the high bar!! OK, it wasn't so 'high', but her feet were off the ground, so it was high to her. I held her there to practice hanging (something Eli NEVER did), and when I lessened my grip, she stayed. So then I eliminated my grip and she still hung. I think she surprised even herself given her facial expression at that moment. Maddux's favorite part was probably the ball time near the end. Of course she preferred to gather up all of the balls and deposit them back into the big trash can that housed them. I think it's easy to say Maddie will be looking forward to Wednesdays from now on.

1 comment:

Desiree Blake said...

How cute :]

I bet she had a blast!