Sunday, October 12, 2008

Knight Writer

In the last few months, Eli has really gotten into coloring. It's actually more drawing than coloring because, although he likes a coloring book, he prefers for me to give him a piece of construction paper so he can create his own pictures. As you'd all assume, his favorite thing to draw is a baseball field. He's actually getting quite good at producing a diamond-looking shape with bases! Over the weekend Eli drew one on the driveway and it's pretty good, considering the scale and his age. (And his parents' total lack of artistic DNA!) So the week before school started Eli was drawing and he looked over to me (I was working in the kitchen) and said "Mommy...look! I drawed my name!" Sure enough, he had a capital "E" (with more than three lines, but close enough) and two vertical lines after it (lower case "l" and "i"). I put the paper aside so I could save it, but forgot to blog. So here is the scanned proof; my child already has better handwriting than me! (Please excuse the cloud bubble I drew around said proof: I wanted to make sure I didn't overlook his genius when I flipped through old papers in my older years.)

No comments: