Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One Hands, Two Hands, Drumming On A Drum

Eli got quite a treat tonight. In honor of his latest (VERY) successful potty performances, Lehr took him to Guitar Center's Drum-Off Finals after dinner. The boys got to see some great percussion performances and Eli was totally into it. He got home just after 9PM so he should have been tired, but he wasn't. He kept telling me about how the drummers hit the high hats and the tom-toms and the bass drum. As expected, Eli was very animated throughout the demonstration. Then he told me, "Reid's mommy was there, but she shouldn't be cuz the drums just for daddies." (Apparently Lehr and Eli saw 2 or 3 other families from church there and it was more heavily male attended.) Lehr and I heard him talking well into 10PM, so I have a feeling he'll be a little tired for school in the morning.

Maddie and I hung out at the house instead of taking in the show. She had a really rough afternoon with teething, so I opted to entertain her at home instead of in a crowded store. After we played with all of her favorite toys, I took her into the shower with me instead of giving her a bath. She loved it! At one point I was holding her under the stream with me and she kept reaching up to 'grab' the water and rub it on her head. Then she did the same to me. Life is good.

No comments: