Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Angels

I am pretty under-the-weather tonight. I'm not sure if it is food poisoning or a cold or both, but it is not fun. Lehr was so awesome to do dinner and baths with the kids so I could just lie on the couch and not move. I chose to do that upstairs so I would not disturb the balance between Daddy and kids. (If I am visible, it makes it more difficult, just because.) It was so awesome to sit upstairs and listen to the amazing things happening below me.

Eli was so sweet. I heard him play with Maddux and have a great time overall with Lehr. Then Maddie started with her crazy (sinister?) laugh. Then some odd sounds came from her that lasted longer than a laugh. Lehr later told me she was walking around carrying the toy horse when she made those, so he suspected it was her imitation of what a horse sounds like.

Then they all came upstairs for baths. While in the tub, Eli said, "I want my mommy to rinse my hair." Not in a whiny way; he said it more as a statement and when Lehr told him I'd do it tomorrow night, Eli said, "Ohhh-kaaaaay." After baths, Eli came into the room where I was laying and said,"Mommy, you no feel good? Here some water...help your tummy feel better." Melt melt. After Lehr got Maddie ready for bed, she came running in to see me also. All smiles and giggles. At one point each kid climbed up on the couch and got horizontal with me, to snuggle. I invited Eli to stay with me and read books while Lehr put Maddux down. When Lehr came out of Maddie's room, he told Eli it was time to say good-night and go to bed. Even though we still had a few pages left in our book, Eli said "OK!!" and sauntered off to his bedroom. I guess sickness brings out the best in the kids??

No comments: