Wednesday, June 18, 2008

W.O.W.

Big WOW moment for me today. Right before the kids' naps, we watched two youtube videos as a treat. Eli chose "Mee-says Suw-van" and Peaches. The first video is one that Eli loves because he knows one of the main 'stars' in the drama. She is part of the worship team and also a friend, so we see her often. Eli really enjoys the skit and he is starting to ask a lot of questions about it, which I love. Before today, the only two people he knew in the video were Mee-says Suw-van (Mrs. Sullivan) and "Zhee-zus" (Jesus). So I hit play and Eli watches the video he's seen so many times before.

"Das Mee-says Suw-van...... Das Zhee-zus."

Head nod from Mommy.

"He wuves me." (Said with a HUGE grin.)

Jaw drop...tears well up.

To me, that is a 'duh' statement. Jesus does love him...there was never a question. But coming from Eli (not yet three years old), it was huge. I've not been as consistent as I would have liked in my 'ministering' to the kids. I read an occasional Bible story with them, and we pray each night, but that's pretty much the extent of it most days. I'm so glad to know that somewhere in there (and through Sunday School too, no doubt), he has gotten the message that Jesus loves him. And it gets better...

After the first 30 seconds or so, another person appears on stage and Eli asked, "Who dat is?" I told him it was Satan.

"He good?"

"No, he's very bad, Eli."

"Oh. He bad." pause "Zhee-zus not bad. He good."

I swear I'm not scripting this, folks!! (BTW - the video was a drama set to "Everything" that our church performed this last Easter. Here it is if you feel like taking a look.)

So at the end of the video, Jesus and Mee-says Suw-van are dancing, happily reunited. Eli says, "Das Zhee-zus. He good, Mommy." "Mommy, He good dancer." Good to know, Eli.

1 comment:

bev said...

That really made my heart smile.