Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Talk On

So Eli's language is a frequent topic for me to blog about...today is no different. He is really thinking things through and answering with his own conviction. I love it! He still tells me "No, she's too lee-tle." sometimes when I ask if Maddie can do something. And he is great about remembering what needs to be done. If we go to Harry's or Target and I need to remember five or six items, I always rattle them off to Eli in the car because he honestly helps me remember. Today the kids were in the double-BOB during our walk and Maddux's shoe fell off. He alerted me to it right away (like any good first-born would). I said, "Uh oh.... Oh well, we'll fix it when we get home." That was not good enough for Eli. He wanted her to have her shoe back on so he reached down to help her. Eli picked up the shoe, picked up her foot and tried to work it in. He was actually very gentle and he un-velcroed the straps just like he's seen me do several times each day. My favorite part was his commentary. Eli was so sweet with his sister, telling her, "Here y'go, Max. Den pull dis, den do dis."

All during breakfast, Eli and I talked about our day's plans. Eat. Walk. Play Catch. Lunch. Nap. After our walk, Eli took a spill in the driveway. This happens a lot and he usually just brushes it off, but we were having a more emotional day. That paired with the fact that this spill broke the skin and brought a bit of blood to his knee made him very wheepy. I picked him up and consoled him as he said, through many many tears, "Band-aid, pweeese??" I told him we could definitely get a band-aid. All the way down the driveway he kept on: "Band-aid, pweese?" Then, just before we hit the garage, he asked again (and I replied yes. again.), and then followed it up with, "Den pway catch?" (Then play catch?) Glad to see he didn't lose his focus.

On an unrelated note, Mad Dog has been a bit clingy and upset the last few days. She just broke another tooth (#5) and it obviously is giving her some grief.

No comments: