Monday, June 02, 2008

Protecting The Knees

Maddux is not walking yet, but she cruises all over the place. However, in the last few weeks she has figured out that she can crawl much quicker than she can cruise, so if she really wants to get to something, she drops down on all fours. This is becoming a problem because we spend so much time outside. We have two 'walkers' outside for her, but she usually crawls for at least half the time, either scraping up toes and knees or wearing holes in her pants in the driveway. Lehr came up with a good idea over the weekend: knee pads!! When we bought Eli his McQueen helmet last year, it came with a set of knee pads and elbow pads. I think the elbow ones fit Maddux's knees best, due to her size. Either way, she's back to zooming around the driveway at break-neck speed!

I was also able to catch a picture of Maddie's funny face. She opens her mouth and scrunches her nose at the same time, all the while breathing in and out of her nose. How lady-like! It is cute, but probably only to those who love her in all her weirdness. I love the look even more because her top two teeth are the only pearly-whites she has up there, so they are still a bit gapped. I love her goofy-grin!!

7 comments:

Kara said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny, yet genius! We just may need to purchase a set of knee pads for our little girl as we're dealing with the same issues, although I think watching Claire crawling on the pavement hurts us more than it hurts her. That face is too cute!

Traci said...

CUTE shoes!!!!!

Heather said...

What a great idea for the "knee" pads! I'll have to remember that when the time comes! I loev her skirt and her cute face :)

Ashleigh said...

Genius!! I wish I would have thought of that for Brock... he was almost 19 months before he walked. Knee pads.. GENIUS!!

bev said...

I love the snort face! She's too cute with her knee pands!

Stephan & Mary said...

That's too funny. Rebekah has almost the same face. I think she scrunches her nose up a bit more, though, but still manages to breathe through it. I'll definitely look into buying the knee pads though, since we'll be camping a good part of the summer.

Gina said...

She is so dang cute with that open mouth/crinkled nose! I think anyone would appreciate that happy face!

Great idea on the knee pads or elbow pads in her case!