Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day Four: Tahoe Trip

Today marked the fourth day that Eli woke up before 7AM. My child is a late sleeper every day of the year (I sometimes have to wake him up at 9AM, even though he is asleep by 830PM (latest) most nights.) I think part of the problem is his location: he's sleeping in the same room as his grandparents, so when he wakes up at 6 or 7AM, he sees them and becomes the Energizer Bunny instead of rolling back over and catching a few more hours of sleep. I'm sure he'll catch up when he gets home, but for now he is wearing Grandma Cathie and Grandpa Jim ragged.

Maddux picked up a new skill today: she can navigate down the stairs with almost no falling! The reason she falls is she gets ahead of herself, so it doesn't really count. My parents' staircase turns 90-degrees at the bottom, leaving two steps before the floor. At the turn, Maddie seems to think she's gained the ability to walk and turns to face forward, on two feet. Duh...if you can't walk on flat ground, what makes you think you can walk down the stairs?! Luckily it's plushy carpet, so even when she falls (I let her fall a bit, the G-rents do not) she doesn't get hurt.

Eli ran in the sprinklers today. It was his first time and he seemed to enjoy it big time. Right before that, he was down at the creek with Daddy and Grandpa and he fell in. He did NOT enjoy that. Not only did it scare him (he wasn't trying to go swimming), but the water was frigid.

The highlight of the day came after dinner when we started bath time. Lehr had the great idea to bathe Maddie in a big copper pot so I could get some pictures. She loved it. Absolutely had a blast. Eli got in on the action by washing her face with the washcloth. Of course he wanted to take a bath in there too. So when she finished we filled it up again and let him take a dip. Outdoor baths = fun times!

2 comments:

Bren's Blog said...

I just happened to come across your blog from Amy's, and I couldn't resist on commenting on these pic's! They are adorable!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I just love these pics. What a GREAT Idea. I haven't commented in forever. Been crazy around here LOL!!