Friday, June 06, 2008

Firsts

It's been a week of firsts for Mad Dog. Her first pair of shoes that she wore a hole in. Her first fall down the stairs. And (ta-da!!) her first steps!! Just five minutes ago Maddie took her first (two consecutive) steps! She and I were hanging out in her room after she got dressed and I held her up to walk with assistance. Then I made sure she had her balance and let go, as I do a lot these days. Usually she balances for a minute and then sits down, but today she took two steps before losing her focus. Very very cool.

As for the trip down the stairs, that happened yesterday afternoon. With me standing right next to her. She crawls up the stairs on her own, but then she sits down on the top step sideways, kinda half-on/half-off. So she did that and lost her balance before I had a chance to reach down and grab her. She only tumbled 2/3 of the way down, and somehow she managed to not hit either surrounding wall. After her initial cry, she was fine. I did my best to check her all over to make sure everything still moved properly, but it appears that besides a small rug burn near her eye, she came away unscathed.

1 comment:

bev said...

Yay Maddux! She's going to be chasing her brother in no time! Sorry about the tumble down the stairs, thankfully she's alright.