Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Friday

I say it all of the time, but I never get tired of hearing Eli come up with new words and phrases! The formation of a little person is the most exciting, wondrous thing to watch....

Today I took the kids to our nearby park for a little boot camp. (Eli actually asks for it now!) After a few monster runs, the kids and I went over to the soccer fields. Eli and I kicked the ball around while Maddie played in the grass, walking with 'Mater and chasing after her whiffle balls. After kicking it back and forth with Eli a few times, I was in possession of the ball and Eli ran to one side of the goal.

"E-i is coach. Whoo are soccer player."

This seems to be a new favorite game for him: coach and player. If you are the coach, (I assume) your job is to tell the other person what to do and cheer them on. While Eli was the coach I heard: "Go, Mommy, GO!" "Kick it....GOAL!" We traded off a few times, but mostly Eli was the coach.

Last night when we were walking at the river, Eli told me he wanted to mow when he got home. I told him that Mommy needed to mow this weekend.

"E-i help, pweeeeeese! Whoo not mow when E-i nappin'. Whoo wait for me."

He repeated that last part about not mowing during his nap several times. Obviously he remembers a few weeks back when Lehr mowed while Eli slept.

No comments: