Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Times Like These....

Can I just say that I love, love, LOVE that both of my kids are comforted by me picking them up? Even more when I sing "You Are My Sunshine?" I knew Eli had an attachment to that song, as he's heard it multiple times a day for 2 1/2 years now, but even Maddux is now on-board. Last week she was upset during a drive home from the park (a rarity for her, but she had been peacefully sleeping in the bjorn before I put her in her carseat), so I tried to calm her by singing. She stopped immediately when I started singing that song.

Maddux is more of a 'cuddler' than Eli, and it warms my heart when I put her on my shoulder before bed and she rests there and nuzzles my neck. Eli never did this as a baby, but he's started to recently. When I pick him up before his nap, he'll lean into me and rest on my shoulder while he sticks his thumb in his mouth. Mommy goes to her happy place immediately.

1 comment:

bev said...

Awww that's absolutely adorable Nicole!