Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oh What A Beautiful Morning....

I'm going to totally jinx myself and comment on what a WONDERFUL day it is. It's only halftime (AKA nap time), but both kids have had a totally great day so far. He had school this morning, complete with an Easter party I had to plan. Eli's classmates got to find eggs in their playground, which was a blast to see. They were so into it and all of the kids understood the eggs were 'hiding'. We then had a snack in the classroom (no-frosting cupcakes and goldfish) before the kids played some music with their 'instruments'. The instruments were colored paper-towel rolls which they used to play drums, horns, flutes, cymbals, and violins. The instruments resembled Eli's boomwhackers, as the rolls were covered in colored construction paper - what an easy craft!

The great part of the day really came when we got home. I put Eli in his high chair for lunch and he looked at me and said, "Thank you Mommy making muffins Easter party." Eli thinks all muffin/cupcake type treats are muffins, so he assumed the snack today was such. This was so sweet to me because no one (namely Lehr) was there to prompt him to say that. It was totally on his own. The only reason he knew I made them is because he saw me baking for about two minutes last night. But he remembered and appreciated. Then, after I served him lunch, he said, "Thank you Mommy makin' quesadillas." No prompting again, just sweet gratitude for the lunch I prepared. Life is good. The hard work is paying off in little bits and pieces, and it makes it all worth while.

Maddux seems to be a bit better today also. No more teeth have popped through, but her nose and drooling have decreased significantly in the last 24 hours and she seems less irritable today. She even woke up from her morning nap happy....just like she used to before this last week of craziness happened. Maddux is now eating pieces of pear, banana and apple on her own, though they don't always make it to her mouth without help. She is also eating tofu, which she seems to love as much as Eli did.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like you have some sweet kiddos. I love the cuddling. My boy is comforted when I pick him up, he's a mommy's baby and that makes me happy! Glad your little one is getting back to normal. Stuffy noses are no fun for little ones.

bev said...

It sounds like you all had a great day! I love class party days. Surprisingly Andrew's class didn't have an Easter party so I guess we'll have to wait until his birthday for the next party day. Eli sure knows how to make his mom feel good :)