Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Recap

We had a great weather weekend in Atlanta...much better than the storms last weekend! Lehr had to be at church before the kids got up yesterday morning, so I was unable to get any good photos of the two of them all dressed up. To his credit, Eli tried hard to help me, but now that Mad Dog is mobile, she is unable to be contained.

Lehr and I put baskets in the kids' rooms while they slept, so they would see them as soon as they woke up. I had a few plastic eggs in there along with a plastic watering can and a kitchen tool. Yes, you heard me right. My kids (Eli especially) are obsessed with everything kitchen: spatulas, wooden spoons, bowls, strainers... Eli got a new blue spatula (which he treats like a guitar) and Maddux got a plastic rolling pin. How much do I love the dollar section at Target right now?!? They are stocking our local store with kids' kitchen tools, which helped my Easter basket shopping out tremendously!

After church, we fed the kids and let them enjoy the nice weather for a while before their nap. Maddux preferred the big red car, as usual, while Eli went straight for the cul-de-sac tree. He's been attempting to climb it since last week when he saw one of the 'big kee-ds do it'. Lehr helped him up and showed him where to hold the branches. Seventh Heaven, I tell you!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Oh my, Nicole they are growing up! Maddux is SO precious in her Easter outfit! And I love that shot of Eli in the tree - he really is one of the "big kids"! Glad you had such a wonderful day - I'm wishing and hoping for the nice weather to head our way, too!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the Target Dollar Bins!! Looks like everyone had a great easter.