Tuesday, March 04, 2008

How Did That Happen?

How did Maddux change from this active baby-on-the-inside to a larger-than-life 8-month old? I swear it goes by so much quicker with the second (and, I can assume, any subsequent children)...

Maddux can sit and clap, as well as wave 'bye-bye' (when she wants). Her mealtimes are becoming much more intense: she prefers to scream for food which is a habit we are not too fond of. Either Eli never had that in him, or we broke him of it early....either way, I hope Maddux follows his footsteps soon! She eats a lot more now than she did a few weeks ago, but she still refuses to self-feed finger foods. The first attempt at a rice cake went well, but now she refuses them as well as wagon wheels (the only two foods she could/can hold for herself and get into her mouth). Mad Dog's menu has expanded to include asparagus and egg yolks (which she loves), plums and applesauce.

These days, Maddie is still happily sleeping twelve hours each night, and napping twice each day. One thing I wish she'd change about that is her ability to nap for 2+ hours in the afternoon only on the weekends. During the week she'll give me 60 or maybe 90 minutes in the afternoon, but when Daddy's home, she'll nap two-three hours with no problem. Maddux still loves to ride in the red car when we're outside, and spending that time with Eli is on her top ten list for sure. She attempts to crawl out of her bath seat every night so she can splash the water; it should be illegal to be as happy as she is when she's in the water. My favorite noise is (by far) Mad Dog's belly laugh when Eli talks to her or wrestles her. Priceless....

4 comments:

Karin said...

Nicole, Maddux is beautiful! I love her "Baby Legs" in that first picture, what a perfect outfit! And I agree - the 2nd baby seems to grow up way too fast, Aidan is almost 2 months already, where did the time go?

bev said...

She is growing up so fast and I love every second of it. She makes me smile and watching her and Eli play together melts my heart. I can only imagine the joy that these two little people bring you and Lehr.

Heather said...

They do grow up way to fast don't they? Jeremy and I were looking at some old pics of both boys last night wondering what happened ... they grew up overnight. And yes 2nd children (and 3rd i'm sure too) grow up more quickly than first!

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable. She is going to be a heartbreaker when she grows up. Yes the 2nd does grow up so much faster. Peyton will be 4mo next week. I still find it hard to believe Carter is almost 3. I won't know what the 3rd would be like as Peyton was our last.

Amy