Monday, October 22, 2007

Survival of The Fittest

The gauntlet has been thrown down. Mommy vs. Mad Dog. Only one will prevail....

So Maddux is sticking to her vow to 'win' and sleep for only 40-minute naps during the day. In my opinion, Mommy ultimately wins because she is still sleeping 10-12 hours each night. However, this 40-minute thing has got to go. Not only does it make it difficult to get anything done around the house while she's cat-napping, but it throws her sleep-eat-wake schedule into a whirlwind and I'm forced to pick between routine and the clock. (Not that I follow the clock, but her napping schedule begs for a 2-hour window between feedings....not exactly what we should be doing at 3-months.) It frustrates me to no end because she normally goes down for a nap without a problem. Oh, she'll squawk for a moment or two, which is really amusing considering she the lack of effort she puts into her protest. But Maddux has the last laugh because 39 1/2 minutes after her last outburst, she's awake again.

2 comments:

bev said...

With a face like that, how can you blame her!

Anonymous said...

Oh my I remember those days when Carter would just take cat naps. I know it is difficult, but Bev is right how can you not want to pick that cutie up. Congrats on your daughter. I am due to have another son in November so have been mentally preparing myself for no sleep again. I haven't been in touch with mom's from the boards for a long time. It is good to see some familiar faces again.

Congrats again.

Amy