Tuesday, October 30, 2007

School Halloween Party

Eli's class celebrated Halloween today, as he doesn't have school tomorrow. Since I'm a room-mom, I had to participate (not that I didn't want to!), by bringing a snack, plates et all, and designing a craft/activity for the kids. We did hand print ghosts (the fingers are the bottom) made out of white foam 'paper' with googly eyes glued to them. It was difficult to get all the kids to complete the craft (with our help), but they turned out pretty cute. The kids also got a goody bag from the other room mom. Treats inside included popcorn ball, ghost suckers, paint, play-dough, and a Halloween ball. Eli honed in on the popcorn ball immediately (as you can see in the picture). We actually stayed after all the other kids left so he could finish eating it. (Come to think of it, I believe this was his first popcorn experience.)

I arrived a little ahead of schedule, so I was able to see the class walking to the playground in their single-file line (Eli is in the green hoodie.). It amazes me how well they follow instructions at this age! One of my favorite parts of today was chatting with Eli's teacher. She told me how much Eli loves sports, and how she's not seen a kid that into it before. When another little boy arrived today wearing a baseball player's uniform (his costume), Eli immediately started saying all of his baseball words: baseball, bat, ball, hit, home run, pitchers mound, strike out, home plate.... She also told me that I have quite an eater on my hands. (Like I didn't know already!) She said the little girl that sits next to Eli is the opposite, so he often eats her snack too. Sounds like a great match!

No comments: