Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Count

Eli and I count to ten in English, Spanish and French all the time, but usually he'll just say 'two' or repeat the French or Spanish numbers after I say them. Today he finally counted on his own!! Since it's raining again (a mixed blessing), we went to Kangazoom for an hour before lunch so Eli could let off some steam. We were at the top of one of the slides and I asked him to count to three and then say "GO" for Mommy. We counted "one, two, three" and then he went on with "four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten". No lie!! I couldn't believe it since I hadn't 'checked in' with his ability in that area for a while. I'm sure they count at school and that's why he's all smarty-smart now. Of course he won't count for me now that I ask....

Last night I bought Eli a monkey costume from Old Navy ($12!!!). He has already tried it on twice and seems to not mind the hat/hood part at all. He even knows to say "tick-o-teet" and "pank ou!" when we make our way around the neighborhood next week.

On a side note, I did not mean to throw Lehr under the bus with my disclaimer the other day. I know he appreciates my ramblings; he just tries to keep me in check so that I don't bore you all to tears. Thank you all for the supportive comments though!

2 comments:

q said...

That is truely awesome! Isn't it great when they are EXCITED about the stuff they learn! YIPPEE Eli!

Heather said...

Cute! I love to see Ryan's face when he realizes he's "got" something. It's so much fun watching them learn!