Friday, October 26, 2007

Halloween Is Almost Here!

We almost didn't make it to see the scarecrows this year!! Each year since we moved here I've gone to see the display of scarecrows at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens to see the assorted scarecrows. Due to weather and travel this year, I almost missed them! Carissa, Cooper & Finley met me and the kids there this morning. We had to dodge a few raindrops, but we were able to see the Children's Gardens. Both boys were not really 'feeling' it, so we only hung out for an hour or so. It's funny to think how small they were last year at this time; Eli wasn't even walking! Here is a picture of Eli (with Gamma Capppy) the year before that - he was just two months old.

Last night, the whole Eliason family went to Eli's school for an open-house. Eli was so excited to see Ms. Jane (his teacher), and he loved showing his room to Lehr and I. His older friend made an appearance, which totally made Eli's day. One of the many art projects hanging in the classroom was footprint-ghosts. On Tuesday one of the teachers took each kids' shoes and socks off, painted one of their feet, and stamped it on some black paper to make a ghost. I knew nothing of this before I entered the room last night, but Tuesday afternoon Eli did tell me, "Paint. Peet. (feet) Kool. (school)". I just thought he dropped a paint brush on his foot or something. Obviously he was trying to fill me in on his activities that day.

No comments: