Saturday, October 06, 2007

New Words

Eli is still talking up a storm. Even more than new words these days are new sentences. He will put them together all on his own most of the time too. "Mommy. Chair. Sit. Eat." "E-i. Hit. Golf. Ball." "Curl. (Squirel) Nuts. Eat." And so on. Today Lehr sneezed and Eli immediately responded with, "Bess-ou, Daddy." A first. His newest phrase (a personal favorite of mine) is 'here-go'. What Eli means is "Here you go.": something I say to him probably a dozen times each hour.

Last week before my family showed up, Eli played in his crib for over an hour before his nap. I finally went in around the 90-minute mark to see what was keeping him up. I believe it was the excitement over Gappa Jib's soon-to-be arrival. I reminded Eli that our guests wouldn't get there until after his nap, so in order for them to arrive, he had to sleep. Then I told him to lie down and close his eyes. Ever since then he'll tell me, "coze-eyes" when he speaks about sleeping. Today he saw the neighbor's garage door close (they only close it at night) and he said "Nigh-nigh. Coze-eyes."

No comments: