Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Disclaimer

When I started this blog, before Eli was born, it was with the intent to keep family and friends who live in other cities 'in the loop'. Since then I've discovered that my incessant writing serves as a journal also. I find it to be better than any baby book, and since my memory is not the greatest these days, I often find myself going back and reading about specific events that I've forgotten. So now the purpose is to keep a record of Eli and Maddux's accomplishments, words, firsts, etc.

*I though it might be a good idea to post this since Lehr reminds me almost daily that I get long-winded and 'boring' sometimes. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I force myself to write about something, even when I have no energy to put forth wit or good pictures. So pick and choose...no need to read all of my ramblings!!

6 comments:

Kaci said...

I love reading your blog but rarely comment. I think you have a great way with words and don't find it boring at all to hear about the new words Eli is saying. Maybe because I see what I have to look forward to with Matthew, I don't know. Sometimes you shouldn't worry about what Lehr thinks. :)

Kaci (nokitty00 on nosurgery4clubfoot & webmd)

Anonymous said...

I love your "ramblings!" I share your blogs with many of my friends who enjoy reading about Eli and Maddux. So as far as I'm concerned, keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

Nicole - your blog has inspired me to do my own. Don't worry about being long-winded or "boring". It is your thoughts "put down on paper", so to speak. Michael often picks on me b/c I type quickly and make grammatical or spelling errors, but I type what I think in my head. I type about random, sometimes stupid stuff, because it is representative of what "we" (my family) are doing at this point in our life. Seriously, who cares if I went to the mall today? Well, I do....

You are a wonderful mother, and I LOVE reading about your adventures in Motherhood. Keep on bloggin', chica!

JEN said...

Nicole, your blog inspired me to start my own as well. Sometimes boys just don't understand all these emotions us ladies have, and it's a good way of getting them all out. I thought both posts on Eli and Maddux were great. God has blessed you with words that always speak encouragement to me!

The Mommy Salami said...

Hi Nicole...
I doubt you will remember me, but I went to Eau Gallie HS with you and Lehr. I was in Lehr's class and lived down the street from him. Anyway, I stumbled upon your blog thru myspace, saw you on Lie-fa's page and clicked to see what you guys have been up to. Our little girls are just a few days apart...so I love to read your blog to see what she is up to, and to see what is in store in a few years with Eli too! So keep up the ramblings!

Take care...
Valerie (Wanrooy is my maiden name - if that rings a bell!)

Gina said...

I love your blog. It is a priceless thing for you and your future adult children.

I've imported my whole blog into a book (from blurb.com) and I am so excited to have a baby book that is so detailed. Of course I had to supplement his first three months of life when I wasn't blogging. But it's so much better to journal their lives and our feelings as mothers, this way.

"Killing two birds with one stone" right? Keeping the family in the loop and making a life history for the children.