Tuesday, October 23, 2007

She's My Dawg! (Mad Dog, that is)

Since I wrote one for your brother, I figured now was as good a time as any to tell you just how special you are (and simultaneously send my readership into sugar shock due to all this sicky-sweetness).

Since your dad and I didn't find out your gender before you were born, we didn't have a name picked out until the day you came into our lives. I worried that because it didn't have time to grow on me, you might not 'fit' your name. Boy have you proved me wrong! You are the femininity of "Maddie", while still the strength and determination of "Mad Dog", all the while being a laid-back, likable "Maddux".

You are such a social being. Your #1 goal every minute of every day is to make eye contact with the people around you so you can 'flirt'. It doesn't matter if it's Mommy or the clerk at Publix or Eli's teacher leaning in to get him out of the car.....You're always the first to smile. You light up when Daddy comes home each night and greets you. When I'm feeding your brother his breakfast, you squeal to make me look at you, only so you can smile at me with your eyes. You're quite a prankster, making me think something is wrong when all you really wanted was my attention. And you constantly follow your brother around the room with your eyes!! Although I know sometimes it must be because you know you need to be aware of his whereabouts, should he decide to 'love' you roughly. But most of the time they shine when Eli looks back at you as he attempting to make you smile or laugh, which isn't difficult.

Though you don't nap very long during the day, you've been sleeping through the night for over a month now, which makes me oh-so-happy. And you don't nurse very long either, but you've grown very quickly; you're ahead of your size in clothing already!

You are so much more vocal than I can express. You are constantly cooing and singing and letting out little 'yelps' all the time...just to hear yourself! Your laugh is contagious too, and it's straight from the belly. Maddux, you have completed this family in a way we didn't know we needed to be completed; we love you!

No comments: