Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Eli had a really really good day today which included a 2 1/2 hour nap (he's been more of an hour or 90-minute kid in the last week, much to my dismay). He then happily ate a pear in his booster seat, allowing me to prepare a quick dinner and clean the downstairs floors (unfortunately that has to be done every few days while the house is on the market). Had the day ended there it would have been good enough, but then Lehr came home and took Eli outside to play for a bit. I know I should have grabbed the camera, but for once I decided to just sit and take in the moment instead. Lehr was hosing off the thick layer of pollen on the back deck and Eli was playing in the yard. Every few minutes Eli would climb onto the deck and attempt to touch the water. This turned into a game which included Eli laughing hysterically while Lehr sprayed him on the head. (Very reminiscent of a scene from "Billy Madison", which I tried to find a photo of, but could not.) At the end of this, Eli was soaking wet, but happier than usual at 6:00PM. He politely asked Lehr for hose-possession and since he was already drenched, Lehr gave in. This was quite amusing to watch, but what was even funnier was watching Lehr run away from Eli as he twisted and turned while holding the hose (covering everything in a 10-foot radius). He then ate a great dinner and even asked to sit on the 'bah-dee' (potty). Not that it resulted in anything, but that's secondary.

1 comment:

Mama D said...

Sounds lovely.

Thank you so much for your comment. It's nice to hear from someone who is dealing with the same kind of stuff. I'm sick of getting advice from people whose kids are way older and never had tantrums but the 'read about how to deal with them'.

Blah.

I really like the turn the highchair around suggestion. I'm going to try that. I worry a bit because she rocks back and forth and hits her head on the back of the seat... sigh.