Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Master of Distraction

When we bought our shiny new iMac several months back, we put the Dell in our bedroom 'temporarily'. (I'm not sure about your definition of temporary, but ours usually means 'until we move or need the space'. Translation: the PC is still on our bookshelf.) Eli is a big fan of keyboards, even though they are a definite 'no-no' (one we struggle with EVERY day). His latest trick is to wander around upstairs while I'm doing laundry or some other task preventing me from watching Eli for a few moments. His wandering ALWAYS leads him to the keyboard in our room. After about 30 seconds of silence I always call out to Eli to get a location check. In the last few weeks his response to that call is to run into the hallway (where I can see him) and start to dance. As cute as it sounds, it's a dead give-away that he was up to no good. Lehr and I have now caught him in the act, and as soon as he sees us or we say his name, he stops, turns around, smiles, and starts to stomp his feet and snap. Wow....they learn so young.

1 comment:

jolibe said...

My 17-month old son, Liam, is a "button junkie" too! But since I keep the door to our office closed most of the time, his only fix is to touch the buttons on the stereo and DVD player, etc. Liam has recently started to dance his way out of trouble too. He'll turn on the stereo (a BIG NO-NO) and turn and smile at me and starts swaying and bouncing to the music. I imagine he's telling me, "Don't get mad Mommy, I just wanted to dance for a minute."