Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It Was The Best of Times...It Was The Worst of Times...

Lots of ups and downs for Eli this week... Today we went to the aquarium and before even walked through the first exhibit Eli was melting down. One of those don't-hold-me-but-I-won't-be-in-my -stroller-or-walk melt-downs. You know, he doesn't know what he wants...that sort of thing. I'm sure he was just tired/overstimulated from all the activity this week. That was my fault; I thought twice last night about bringing him vs. giving him a day off and I should have stuck with my original feeling. Oh well - live and learn! So Eli and I mainly stayed in the center area of the aquarium while Treis and Mom saw the exhibits. He was a mess that whole time (even when I offered him a snack), but he did calm himself down when we sat down for a quick lunch (even though he was still just eating the same snack food). Eli was a gem on the ride home and he even ate a WONDERFUL lunch when we arrived (complete with a full 1/2 apple). Then he played joyfully and let Grandma Cathie put him down for his nap. Of course he only slept about 50 minutes and then was a complete mess for over an hour. Same type of tantrum/meltdown. Now he is happily playing outside with Lehr and Treis.

No comments: